District 4 Town Hall Meeting about Hurricane Sally Scheduled for Nov. 9
District 4 Commissioner Robert Bender will host a town hall meeting for residents who were affected by Hurricane Sally on Monday, Nov. 9 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Holy Cross Episcopal Church, 7979 N. 9th Ave., Pensacola.
The open forum meeting will provide residents an opportunity to get updated information about community issues and voice their concerns or questions.
The public is strongly encouraged to practice physical distancing during the meeting. Face masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
Seating will be limited to 75 people due to physical distancing. If the internet connection is strong, the county plans to stream the meeting on the Escambia County Facebook page. Citizens wishing to ask questions may comment on the video during the live update. The Commissioner will answer as many questions as possible, but please note that depending on the number of comments and questions received, all questions may not be answered during the live stream. The meeting will be recorded and placed on the county's YouTube channel the following day.
The Florida Department of Health Public Health Advisory recommends all individuals in Florida should wear masks in any setting where physical distancing is not possible, unless any of the following apply:
- A child is under two years of age;
- An individual has one or more medical conditions or disabilities that prevent wearing a face covering;
- An individual is obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service;
- An individual works in a profession where use of a face covering will not be compatible with the duties of the profession; or
- An individual is engaged in outdoor work or recreation with appropriate social distancing in place.
- All individuals over the age of 65 and all individuals of any age with high-risk health conditions should limit personal interactions outside of the home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- All individuals should refrain from participation in social or recreational gatherings of more than 10 people. For all gatherings of fewer than 10 people, individuals should practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from each other and wearing a face covering.
(Two or more commissioners may attend this Town Hall Meeting)