Snakes Invade Your Home? Burn it Down, Burn the Whole Thing Down!


House Fire

Photo: Getty Images

In attempt to give her snake infestation a lump of hot coal for Christmas, one homeowner in Maryland burned her house down. Fortunately, no one was injured excluding her bank account, as she caused damages exceeding $1 million!

The blaze engulfed her Montgomery County home as the fire department notified the public of the inferno right after it happened back on November 23rd, describing a conflagration that left a “large two-three-story single family house with heavy fire throughout structure and roof collapse.”

The cause of the fire was deemed “accidental” after 75 firefighters responded in the “dark and cold” conditions (roughly 25 degrees Fahrenheit). The report determines that the “homeowner [used] smoke to manage [their] snake infestation.”

Authorities believe that the owner’s choice of heat source was coals, which were located “too close to combustibles,” with the area of origin being described as “basement, walls/floor.”

In a relatable incident back in 2017, a man destroyed most of his home in Georgia, attempting to “burn bees out of their nest,” reported the Associated Press. The Humane Society of The United States noted that firefighters have repeatedly faced dangers from retrieving snakes, including another incident back in 2013 in Thornton, Colorado.

If we’ve learned anything – call for help before taking matters into your own hands when it comes to having unwanted visitors in your place of residence.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content