35th Annual (Revived) Interstate Mullet Toss
It's about that time... time for the Gulf Coast's Greatest Beach Party!
To All Our Friends & Guests Joining Us This Weekend:
The Flora-Bama has put together a 'Revived' Mullet Toss for 2020 and, with things a little different this year, we ask that you please read over the guidelines listed below and help us get the word out.
THINGS TO KNOW
• NO COVERfor entry into the Flora-Bama for Mullet Toss (9AM-6PM).
• COVER AFTER 6PM: We will be open daily and family friendly for all ages until 6PM. At 6PM cover charge will apply and only those 18yrs and older will be permitted entry. Those ages 18-20yrs can stay all night as long as they are in the door by 10PM with no re-entry.
• COST FOR ENTRY AFTER 6PM:
- FREE for 2020/21 Membership Card holders
- $5 for 21 and up
- $15 for 18 – 20 year olds.
• Both CASH & CREDIT CARD payments WILL BE accepted all weekend.
• Chairs around the Mullet Toss will be free and there will be areas blocked off for standing room.
• As usual, personal beach chairs are allowed on all properties.
• NO coolers or outside alcohol can be brought onto Flora-Bama's licensed property. The Flora-Bama will be selling beer in small coolers on the beach for customers and we will have bars available on the beach for other beverages.
• No amplified music is allowed. No large speakers or DJ's. Flora-Bama will be providing live music all weekend so check out our Online Music Calendar!
• There will be one Miss Mullet Toss Bikini Contest at 3PM on Saturday,Oct. 24th in the Tent. Sign-ups start at 1PM & Contest begins at 3PM.
• TRANSPORTATION: We will NOT have shuttles running this year. Parking will be extremely limited so consider carpooling, getting dropped off/picked up or you can also request an Uber, Lyft or a local Cab.
• TENT RENTAL UPDATE: There will be NO tents set up or for rent on Flora-Bama, Phoenix X or Mediterranean beaches. We will not allow Tents to be brought in for setup but you are welcome to bring beach chairs and umbrellas. The entire Mullet Toss footprint will be on the Flora-Bama beach property.
• As always, must be 21yrs & older to drink.
DETAILS & COST TO TOSS
• Tossing of the mullet is 10AM- 4PM Friday through Sunday.
• To toss a mullet, you will go to the sign-up table at the Yellow Tent located on the beach behind the Flora-Bama.
• Participants will toss one whole mullet (approximately 1 lb.) across the FL/AL state line.
• NO gloves or sand allowed on mullet - mullet will be picked up out of the water bucket. After you throw, you will retrieve your mullet and toss it back into the bucket.
• Mullet will be thrown from a 10' circle down a designated alley. No stepping out of circle during your throw and you must follow through or you will be disqualified. Throwing your mullet out of bounds is an automatic disqualification.
• COST TO TOSS: There is a $15 fee for those who wish to toss a mullet and this will be collected at the toss ring on the beach (no charge for entering the Flora-Bama; only to toss). Participants will also receive a commemorative 2020 Interstate Mullet Toss t-shirt (for 2X sized shirts cost is $17 and for 3X sized shirts cost is $18).
A portion of proceeds raised for tossing mullet will go to benefit the Community Drug & Alcohol Council, Inc., local Boys & Girls Clubs, and youth groups on both sides of the line!
TOSS TIMES: FRIDAY - SUNDAY
KIDS (10am - Noon) • KIDS AWARDS (2pm) • ADULTS (Noon - 4pm)
OWNERS TOSS (4pm daily) • ADULT AWARDS (4:30pm daily)
AWARDS FRIDAY - SUNDAY
• Children 16yrs and younger:
Winners will be announced daily at 2pm for the Top Coed, Top Physically Challenged, Top Male and Top Female in the following categories:
- Children 1-9 Coed (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)
- Physically Challenged Children 1-16 (one winner with longest toss will be awarded)
- Children 10-16 Female (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)
- Children 10-16 Male (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)
• Adults 17yrs to 50yrs & older:
Winners will be announced daily at 4:30pm for the top Physically Challenged, Top Male and Top Female in the following categories:
- Physically Challenged Adults 17yrs+ (one winner with longest toss will be awarded)
- Adults 17-35 Female
- Adults 17-35 Male
- Adults 36-49 Female
- Adults 36-49 Male
- Adults 50+ Female
- Adults 50+ Male
This will be the most memorable Mullet Toss yet & we can’t wait to see everyone at the Gulf Coast's Greatest Beach Party this October 23 – 25th, 2020!