WKRG reports that the recent severe weather has caused multiple sewage overflows in Mobile County.
MAWSS say that over 400,000 gallons of sewage has contaminated Dog River alone.
They believe the spill was the result of a lift station failure.
Here is a quick rundown of the amount of wastewater spilled into local waterways on Monday:
- Dog River – 407,400 gallons
- Eslava Creek – 269,320 gallons
- Mobile River – 51,725 gallons
- Three Mile Creek – 21,115 gallons
- Another portion of Dog River – 920 gallons
Health officials urge strongly to take caution with consuming water or fish from these water ways.